.. for the men in Brunei ... one of the common new stuff to get are .. the traditional woven clothes for their National Dress (Sinjang for Baju Melayu) .. and also new hat or Songkok ....
... despite loads of those common shops selling these items in abundance ... and in cheap ... yet .. if you are looking for quality item ... a very good quality songkok and sinjang ... one can get them from the Handicraft Centre (Pusat Kesenian & Pertukangan Tangan) in Bandar ... just ask anyone .. where Pusat Kesenian is ... any local will know where it is located .....
... the "high-rise" building at the foreground is the Handicraft Centre .. situated in in Bandar ... next to the Brunei River .....
.. selling not only songkok, sinjang & kain tenunan ... one can also find silverware and stuffs... if u haven't been there... and before u buy those not so good quality stuffs from those roadside shops... or those shops with branches all over the place .... please drop by to the Handicraft Centre ... and see what quality wear are .....
.. eermm.. nope... I'm in no way associated with the centre .. nor have any share in it .... but merely just wanna promote our local products... ;)
.. oh well... here's something to light u up ... just some useless fact ... or useful for some ..
- Most lipstick contain fish scales!
- A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off - it dies from starvation! ( U can learn how to fast from them ...)
- Thomas Edison, lightbulb inventor, was afraid of the dark! ( no wonder he invent the bulb... )
- The worlds oldest piece of chewing gum is over 9000 years old! ( eyeew... imagine chewing it .. jadi batu kali udah ...)
- .. but did u know that ...Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!
- In most watch advertisments the time displayed on the watch is 10:10 because then the arms frame the brand of the watch and make it look like it's smiling. \./
- It is impossible to lick your elbow.... (bah jgn tah di cubanah ...
- The dot over the letter “i” is called a tittle.
- The ZIP in “ZIP code” means Zoning Improvement Plan.
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by taking out an olive from First Class salads.
- The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672 .... and Brunei is 673 !! hmmm.... interesting ....
- The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen’s “Born in the USA”.
- Sherlock Holmes NEVER said “Elementary, my dear Watson”, ........Humphrey Bogart NEVER said “Play it again, Sam” in Casablanca,............... and they NEVER said “Beam me up, Scotty” on Star Trek... check it if u want .... :)
- Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.