Thursday, June 25, 2009

SEOUL | Hello, Phone Booth?

Just some random photos of various public phone booths in Seoul.


The simple tin-can on the wall type of thingy.


These are just simple glass walled phone booth, yet practical, complete with stainless steel bench, good idea, so that, people will talk more.


Pedestrians passing by the red phone booths at the vicinity of Seoul Museum of History.


A phone booth is also a good place to meet up, why call on the phone when you can just meet up?


Speaking of phone, remind me some of The Simpsons' quote:


Homer: "... Operator! Give me the number for 911!"


Chief Wiggum: Uh, no, you got the wrong number. This is 9-1…2.


Moe: Yeah, Moe's Tavern, Moe speaking.
Bart: Is Jacques there?
Moe: Who?
Bart: Jacques, last name Strap.
Moe: Uh, hold on. [to everyone in the bar] Uh, Jacques...Strap...Hey guys I'm looking for a "Jock strap". [laughs from all] Oh... wait a minute...Jock strap?!... It's you isn't it, ya cowardly little runt? When I get a hold of you, I'm gonna gut you like a fish and drink your blood!


Bart: Is Mister Freely there?
Moe: Who?
Bart: Freely, first initials I. P.
Moe: Hold on, I'll check. Uh, is I. P. Freely here? Hey, everybody! "I pee freely"! [the customers laugh] Wait a minute... Listen to me you lousy bum. When I get a hold of you, you're dead. I swear I'm gonna slice your heart in half!
Homer: You'll get that punk someday, Moe.
Moe: I don't know. He's tough to catch. He keeps changing his name.

No comments: