Monday, August 31, 2009

MALAYSIA | Dataran Merdeka

31 August 2009, is Malaysia 52th Independence Day.

Dataran Merdeka is usually the place to celebrate the countdown to midnight, because on 31 August 1957, this is where the national flag, Jalur Gemilang, was first hoisted.

Many important events were held in Dataran Merdeka, even the 1st Amazing Race Asia was flaged off here.


The Plague stating the history of Dataran Merdeka i.e. Merdeka Square.


Overview of Dataran Merdeka, overlooking the reknown Royal Selangor Club.


One of the iconic landmark within the vicinity, the clock tower of Sultan Abdul Samad Building.


A different view from the water fountain.


One of the historical landmarks near Dataran Merdeka.


The large flag on the 95m flag pole on Dataran Merdeka.


Jalan Raja, the stop you need to go if you wanted to visit this historical places.

4 comments:

Out Of Focus said...

Lovely shots man.. U were in Malaysia that time masa national day atu?

G-`FerRo said...

I wish I was there at that time... just as I did time Singapore's National Day last 2 years ..

But I was in KL few days b4 posa ...

i-Press - Jason Leong said...

Looks like you still travel a lot ! :) do check out my new project at Brunei Used Car, Brunei Use Car, Buy and Sell Gferro. cheers

G-`FerRo said...

Hi Jason ...

eermm.. well actually I don't travel that much ...

but .. when I do travel.. i took thousands of photos ... hehe..

oh btw .. great project ...

in time ... as I wanted to get "new" used car ... as I'm going to sell of my Skyline R33 GTS-T ... ;)