Thursday, January 10, 2008


Salam Ma'al Hijrah 1429 to the Muslim readers.

This photo was taken few years back with the Film Canon EOS 300X SLR + 28-90mm lens.

One of the prominent landmarks of Bandar Seri Begawan.

On a totally different note, I read this article regarding the danger of improper disposal of the super energy saving light bulb, found ubiquitously in most home.

A broken energy saving light bulb, contain a little amount of mercury, hence when the bulb broke, the mercury will diffuse and release a hazardous mercury fume, thou a single broken bulb in a well ventilated room is not THAT hazardous, but if 5 bulbs broke, in a small contained room, well my advice would be, get out of the room ASAP!

Whilst watching the Mythbuster on telly, one of the crew accidentally hit the light bulb with a solid object, and he mentioned that he wanted to go out of the room in danger of the mercury fume! Hence that strengthened the above para regarding the mercury thingy.

Mercury, Hg, with the atomic number of 80, is the one of the very few metal which is liquid in room temperature.

I think, the manufacturer should clearly label on the packaging of how to dispose the light bulb properly.

No comments: